Vitazyme on Cucumbers – 2013-San Juan Acateno, Teziutlan, Puebla, Mexico
The following conclusions are from the original Mexican report.
1. After applying Vitazyme at rates of 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0% as a pre-transplanting root dip, and 0.75, 1.0, and 1.25 L/ha, respectively, as two foliar sprays, treated cucumber plants showed significant effects on variables of growth and development, It positively influences the number of flowers per plant, there is shortening in the number of days to flowering and to fruit set, as well as higher yields.
2. With regards to the variables of quality of fruits, the rates of Vitazyme at 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0% in pre-trans- planting root dip and 0.75, 1.0, and 1.25 L/ha, respectively, in two foliar sprays produced in treated plants a larger size of fruits, as well as an increase in the total concentration of soluble solids.
3. Likewise, when Vitazyme is applied, a greater concentration of macro and micronutrients is detected both in the plant and in the fruit, registering a greater effect with higher dosages of Vitazyme.
4. The evaluated dosages of Vitazyme demonstrated significant statistical differences in comparison with the untreated control, in the variables evaluated in this study.
5. There were no toxic effects to the crop of cucumber, after applying rates of Vitazyme of 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0% as a pre-transplant root dip, and 0.75, 1.0, and 1.25 L/ha as foliar sprays, respectively.